Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Love

People use the word love so loosely; with me it has a greater meaning. For me to love is to feel deeply for another. I don't take it lightly. When I open my heart and really love someone and show them with deep affection, I get hurt if I see it being treated casually. To me when two people really love each other it should be like taking care of a precious flower like a rose with just the right amount of nurturing and viewed in “awe” like it's really special, never taking it for granted. For when we take things for granted they wither and die just like a rose. It needs living water, light, nourishment and most especially treated with respect. A rose is a symbol of love. People place it in churches, in weddings, in hospitals, in funerals, on crosses; many times given to someone they love. If it's not treated with respect then it's just another flower among many others. So is the way of true love. It should stand out, be treated with respect. The way I feel is that I'd rather be alone as a rose than to be seen as just another flower. To me to love someone is to be in “awe” of them, with deep respect as one loves God. I believe in my heart that this kind of love does exist and it's the kind that I want before my life is over. I hope and pray that I will find it.

Heartstrings Two, Copyright © 2008 by Library of Congress

No comments:

Post a Comment