Friday, June 12, 2009

Morning Begins, Love Ends

I sit outdoors and think about my life,
and surrender to my surroundings;
it feels as though bricks are laying on my heart
the chickadees coo a hello from the tree. I sit still, in awe.
The dove graces the light pole, peace be still he says.
I taste the crisp air as the fog rolls in,
Morning begins, Love ends.
My heart bleeds for you says my vine,
the wildflowers droop their heads as if feeling my pain,
the mini roses lay dormant, like how I feel,
the orchid tells me a story as I watch the petals open,
one each day for every day you've been gone.
I hear the rattling of a train in the distance,
and the truckers roar by, never ending. Life goes on.
How spiny the tree looks without green to hug it,
from somewhere I hear a sweet melody, was that for me?
The eagle soars by, in solitude, like how I feel,
I watch the dance of the black and yellow butterfly,

who came last fall,
he's back I say, set it free he's trying to tell me.
I'll try, I say to my friends, as I search the blue sky, I'll try.
Morning Begins, Love Ends.

Heartsrings, Copyright © 2002 by Library of Congress

No comments:

Post a Comment